Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 28

HA!
So Donna says to me the other day I should think about coming home with all these earthquakes and aftershocks here...
Was that not a 7.7 in Canada last night?????
At least here I am warm!!!

So yesterday funny situation or so I thought so!
I was in the kitchen with Xinia showing her how to make pie crust from scratch as we have some orders for pumpkin pie!
Anyways a little Tico guy about 3-4 yrs old comes right to the kitchen door and asks if he can please get an ice cream, Xinia says I'll get it since I am covered in flour...kid gets Xinia to scoop his cone asks for extra sprinkles, a cookie on the side, "the works".
Xinia tells him how much it is as she hands it to him and he smiles at her showing he is missing his two front teeth and says I don't have any money!
Xinia comes to me and says I am so sorry, how was I to know, what should we do, I smiled and said let him have the cone...what am I going to do...
About a minute later the mom comes in pregnant with a 1 yr old on her hip and says I am so sorry I do not have money to pay for the cone you gave my son, I said it's fine just teach him that if he has no money he should ask first as not all business owners will be charmed my his toothless smile!!
Pura Vida!

Another lovely sunny morning...quick skip on the beach before heading in to open the bakery!

2 comments: