Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11

Posted earlier today by me on Samara Info center's FB page

Question for you guys.
Can you please tell me how to or to whom I can send a formal complaint about CREAR?
I gave them $100 to be a sponsor in the bike race on Sunday a couple of weeks ago and cannot get a receipt out of them, never mind that I feel my money was a waste as I never received the T Shirt with my logo on it promised to me, nor was there any advertising around town...The point of being
 a sponsor is to let people know you have donated money to support the cause so the participant can in turn support your business...

And when I phoned yesterday to let them know I was not happy with the situation, they got all defensive and said they did not like the way I was speaking to them just because they are a non profit!!
Wow just about the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with! I do not feel that constructive criticism is a reason for a mature professional to get their back up but an opportunity for improvement in the future.
The conversation ended with me saying obviously we disagree please drop off my receipt and T shirt today and we will call it a day.
I had no intention of calling them out publicly but no receipt, no T still so I feel I have no recourse but to publicly shame them into doing what a professional would have done in the first place.

I have many year in non profits, on boards and fundraising for a lot of various charities and causes in Canada and I can tell you these people would not be there long!
Needless to say lesson learned about donating money or anything to CREAR.
Hopefully I can find a good local professional charity to sponsor in the future
Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Well that got a load off! Hopefully, someone in CR is reading this blog and will get back to you on how to get this resolved. I guess caution - extreme caution is the clue going forward.

    ReplyDelete