Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 16

Well if the heat won't kick my butt the lack of sleep sure does!!!
Last night when I got home I pulled up to the owner and his gardeners with garden hoses, seems the swamp had been on fire all day. When the fire department was called they were told they were busy and therefore we were on our own LMAO!!!
So started around 4pm, the guys had been fighting it all day trying to keep it away from the fence by the time I got home they seemed to have things under control, they looked exhausted!
So the owner told me if you see anything call me we are going to sit down and eat something and cool off...
BTW it was over 100 F yesterday!
So around 10pm a big flare up came near the fence and the boys came running to get it out...went on most of the night like that...
The last time we had any substantial rain (more than 1 min) was Christmas Eve so it is some dry here!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Told Harry and he went into an outrage. They (fire department) can't do that! I told him he has to come to Costa Rica and see for himself. Hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I guess it's all part of the "Pura Vida" attitude!

    All seems good today, hopefully that's the end of it

    ReplyDelete