Friday, January 10, 2014

January 8

Fun road trip to SJO!
Out of Carrillo at 5am...
Poor Jeff's ribs are very sore, lots of bumps on the road to SJO, 
a lot of groans from the back seat LOL

So got to SJO, started to run some errands, went to drop off Jeff & Liane at the Budget rent a car office, waiting to make a turn and POW!!!
What was that? Blew a tire while sitting still!!!
Make the turn, get out look at the tire and yep it's flat, Jeff wants to help but NO silly you are injured, Arno say Jeff I can be manly!!
So Arno starts to try to undo the nuts like a gay guy LMAO
Lasted about 1 minute and a guy from the Budget garage came out with a proper jack and said can I please help you...
5 minutes later tire changed and directions to nearest tire place, leave Jeff and Liane to continue their adventure and we are off to get the tire fixed...
Around the block we go to the Firestone Tire place, ask the guy can you fix my flat tire, sure no problem...
Pulls it out of the car, takes it over to have a look at it, no repair, sidewall is blown out...then he saiys these tires are bald anyways you need new ones...
I think BS this is just a ploy to sell tires...my car is new...only has 22500 KM on it!
Well I get a close look at the tire, walk over to the car and look at the other tires and Holy $^@#$
my tires are done!!!!
57000 a tire ($114) I say but buddy I need you to put a number in the discount percentage box on the computer...I cannot ever pay full price for anything...so he says will you pay cash? Off course cash is king!
So got 2 tires for 100000 ($200)
Could only get two at this time as I did not bring cash for 4 tires with me!
So Arno and I head off to the diner across the street for some lunch while they do their thing...
I order up a grilled chicken sandwich and fries and Arno orders a 1/4 lb burger and fries
I think on Arno's they meant each bite was 1/4 lb!!!

We laughed so hard when the burger arrived!

So back to the garage, all good, off we go to finish running errand, Kath phone, flight is delayed out of TO due to cold, tires are sticking to runway!

She finally lands at 3pm, we are off to pick her up and head for the beach!
Long day home at 9pm


No comments:

Post a Comment