Sunday, November 4, 2012

November 1

Wow already November it will be high season before I know it, really time to get myself well organized...
Arno made it in safe and sound from his trip. Spent yesterday running errands all over San Jose...
Today's bureaucratic mess was going for my Costa Rican driver's license!
Gotta have it they say as per new law if you stay for more than 90 days...last week went to license office in Nicoya only to be told I must go to San Jose for new license, (October 23rd) Note the date I was at the office...
So I head for San Jose, get all my photocopies (3 of passport, 3 of Canadian Driver's license, doctor's exam, blood test (for blood type)...head for the office, huge line up like 100 people but was told before to walk to the front of the line as these people are waiting for a driver's test...I already have a license...
Got to the front of the line only to find out I had to do this new license before Oct. 26!!!!!!!!!
If you do not have residency...LOVE IT!!!
Absolutely nothing I can do so put away the papers I have collected worth about $50...and went for lunch!!
So I am fine, turns out my Canadian license is valid as long as I leave every 90 days and get a new stamp on my passport...
Went for dinner last night with Arno and James, pj's and a movie to bed early for today's drive home!

2 comments: